Markkula Center for Applied Ethics
Santa Clara University
Associate Director of Health Care Ethics (Fixed-Term)
The Associate Director of Health Care Ethics is a senior-level position assisting the Director of Bioethics in managing the Bioethics program for the Ethics Center. Areas of responsibility will include: program development, management, and assessment; ethics consultation with community partners; undergraduate, professional, and community education; contract management; and communication. This position reports to the Director of Bioethics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide clinical ethics consultation including assessment of effectiveness for the Ethics Center’s contracted health care partners
- Provide ethics education and policy review and development for the Ethics Center’s contracted health care partners
- Develop materials and opportunities for bioethics education for local and global communities
- Prepare materials for the Ethics Center website on bioethics including the Center’s blog
- Develop and execute research regarding ethical dilemmas encountered in health care in areas such as health care delivery, ethics consultation, ethics education, and organizational ethics
- Respond as appropriate to media and other inquiries received by the Ethics Center
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Bioethics
Salary Information: Hiring Range: $2,668.83 – $3,606.54 semi-monthly, commensurate with experience
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, including Specific Duties, Qualifications, Physical Demands, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education and/or Experience, go to https://jobs.scu.edu/postings/6984.