Letter from the P.I. Program Director*
Over the past two months, Cynthia McKenna, Mary Click and I have attended a series of conferences—ARIO, SRA, and PRIMR—and we’ve had the chance to meet and speak with many of you. Thank you for the interest you have shown in the program.
I believe we have a wonderful program that offers real value to researchers. Researchers are often not happy to be referred to the P.I. Program, but when they leave our workshop, they routinely thank our faculty and say they wish they had such training earlier in their careers. Our outcome data indicate that participants leave with improved attitudes toward compliance, improved professional decision-making skills, and new, positive workplace habits.
Participants have been referred for a wide variety of reasons:
- Persistent or serious noncompliance in animal or human participant research
- Conflict of interest violations
- Plagiarism and data falsification
- Providing inadequate oversight of their research teams
If you want to discuss a potential referral with us, please give us a call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to discuss any questions you have.
Register for FREE Webinar November 30
This free, interactive webinar is intended to inform institutional officials involved with compliance and research integrity about the documented benefits of sending researchers to the P.I. Program workshop.
The webinar will include polling and a question and answer forum.
Thursday, November 30, 2017
James DuBois, DSc, PhD
Registration Open for January Workshop
The workshop will take place January 9-11, 2018 in St. Louis, MO.
To refer a participant to the program, please contact the Program Manager, Cynthia McKenna, at email@example.com or 324-747-4220.
Congratulations Gift Card Winners!
The P.I. Program is happy to announce the following winners of $50 Amazon gift cards that were part of a drawing at recent exhibitions:
- ARIO (San Diego): David Lyons, Wake Forest School of Medicine
- SRA (Vancouver): Beatriz Ibanez-Alvarez, Emory University School of Medicine
- PRIM&R (San Antonio): Zack Burr, Western Institutional Review Board (WIRB)
For more information about the P.I. Program, please visit our website: integrityprogram.org
4523 Clayton Avenue, Campus Box 8005
St. Louis, MO 63110-1093
* “Letter from the P.I. Program Director” for November 17, 2017 – KDP